Happy Friday, friends! My brother is on his way to Portland for a visit over the weekend before driving across the country, and I’m pretty excited! It’s been almost two years since I saw him last (I guess that’s what happens when you live on opposite coasts), and I can’t wait to bring him to some of my favorite places in Portland! I’m sharing more about our plans, while highlighting some of my favorite things- eats, sweet treats, local breweries, and exploring beautiful spots right near the city.
This weekend, I am looking forward to…
- Dinner at Sea Dogs Brewing Company. My brother visited the Bangor location the last time he was in Maine and absolutely loved it (no surprise there)! I am really looking forward to a refreshing glass of their Sunfish brew along with a plate of fish and chips.
- Sitting outside and enjoying some brews at Rising Tide Brewery. They have the best outdoor space, and on a sunny (maybe even partly sunny day, which appears to be the forecast for the weekend), this spot can’t be beat!
- Taking the pup on a walk around Back Cove. We are so lucky to live near Back Cove- it’s an absolutely gorgeous spot and perfect for a walk with the pup, even if we aren’t able to make it around the entire loop (his little legs just can’t handle it).
- Weekend brunch. I’m thinking a visit to either Miss Portland Diner (love their breakfast burrito) or Bayou Kitchen (their veggie home fries are my jam) is necessary this weekend.
- Kayaking on the Penobscot River. There are so many great places to put a kayak in on the Penobscot (our favorite right now is off of Allen Ave Ext.), and I love that it doesn’t require a long drive to find a good spot to go out.
- Ice cream treats from Sammy’s Scoops. It’s been a couple of weeks since we last visited our favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, which in my mind is forever. I’m definitely craving some birthday cake ice cream!
I hope your weekend is truly wonderful and includes some of your favorite things and people!
Who are you excited to spend time with this weekend?
Join in by sharing in the comments below or post to Twitter or Instagram using #wonderfulweekend. I love hearing from you!
Check out last week’s wonderful weekend!